Laurieann Gibson: 'We've Created a New Jerusalem' With Lady Gaga's 'Judas' Video
The dancer-choreographer and star of the new Ryan Seacrest-produced E! series 'The Dance Scene' tells THR about life as Lady Gaga's creative director and how she almost walked away from working on the "Judas" video.
Laurieann Gibson is on a mission: to help undiscovered talents find a pathway to their dreams without having their hope shattered at every turn.
She knows all too well what that feels like. Now the creative director for Lady Gaga who’s also been tasked with guiding the visual roll-out of all Interscope Records developing artists, Gibson, a lifelong dancer and choreographer that got her start as a “Fly Girl” on In Living Color, saw her share of stumbles in a career that spans nearly two decades. And like the dancers she’ll mentor and judge on the new Ryan Seacrest-produced E! series The Dance Scene (premiering April 10), she had to fight her way there, whether that meant sparring with P. Diddy on Making the Band (the Danity Kane era) or proving to an executive or artist that she can executive their vision.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills