Laurieann Gibson: 'We've Created a New Jerusalem' With Lady Gaga's 'Judas' Video
The dancer-choreographer and star of the new Ryan Seacrest-produced E! series 'The Dance Scene' tells THR about life as Lady Gaga's creative director and how she almost walked away from working on the "Judas" video.
Laurieann Gibson is on a mission: to help undiscovered talents find a pathway to their dreams without having their hope shattered at every turn.
She knows all too well what that feels like. Now the creative director for Lady Gaga who’s also been tasked with guiding the visual roll-out of all Interscope Records developing artists, Gibson, a lifelong dancer and choreographer that got her start as a “Fly Girl” on In Living Color, saw her share of stumbles in a career that spans nearly two decades. And like the dancers she’ll mentor and judge on the new Ryan Seacrest-produced E! series The Dance Scene (premiering April 10), she had to fight her way there, whether that meant sparring with P. Diddy on Making the Band (the Danity Kane era) or proving to an executive or artist that she can executive their vision.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10