Lauryn Hill, Snoop Dogg set for Rock the Bells
Artists to perform special sets on music fest's four-date tour
NEW YORK -- Lauryn Hill, A Tribe Called Quest, DJ Premiere and Snoop Dogg have been added to the lineup of this year's Rock the Bells festival.
A Tribe Called Quest will perform its platinum-selling album "Midnight Marauders" -- which reached a peak of No. 8 on the Billboard 200 in its entirety.
Hill's set was "prepared exclusively for Rock the Bells" and spans her entire career, including songs from the critically-acclaimed "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" as well as her work with the Fugees.
Snoop Dogg will perform his No. 1 debut album, "Doggystyle," in its entirety, while DJ Premier will appear as part of a special "Tribute to Gang Starr." In April, DJ Premier's Gang Starr partner, MC Guru, died of cancer.
These artists join Street Sweeper Social Club, Slick Rick, Wu-Tang Clan and more for the 2010 Rock the Bells festival.
The four-date tour stops in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, and Washington, DC in late August.
According to the official Rock the Bells website, more acts will be announced.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR