'Law & Order: LA' to Film Episode Inspired by Gabrielle Giffords Shooting
Law & Order: LA is taking an episode straight from the headlines.
The rookie drama, which was benched in mid-January for creative retooling, will end its season with an episode inspired by the shooting of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords outside a Tucson grocery store at a public event earlier this year.
In the LOLA version, a political official is shot in public, with innocent people getting killed. This isn't the first familiar storyline the series has used as an arc. The murder of Hollywood publicist Ronni Chasen was the focus of an episode.
In other Law & Order-related news, USA's Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air an episode loosely based on the trials and tribulations of the troubled Spider-Man musical on Broadway.
Storylines featured on the Law & Order franchise have had similarities to real-life cases.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR