Lawsuit Identifies Roger Ailes as News Corp. Exec Who Told Judith Regan to Lie to Feds
The Fox News chair allegedly wanted to keep Regan's relationship with then-Homeland Security secretary candidate Bernard B. Kerik under wraps.
A 2008 lawsuit that's now public record in New York State Supreme Court has identified Fox News chairman Roger Ailes as the exec who allegedly encouraged former HarperCollins publisher Judith Regan to lie to federal investigators about her relationship with ex-New York police commissioner Bernard B. Kerik.
Regan's claims that she was told to lie about her affair with Kerik in order to keep his name clean while he was being vetted for the position of secretary of Homeland Security were part of her 2007 wrongful termination lawsuit against News Corp. The company paid Regan $10.75 million to settle that lawsuit.
Ailes' role in Regan's lawsuit was revealed Thursday by the New York Times, which gained access to the information through a lawsuit filed against Regan by her former lawyers over payment for their services.
A News Corp. spokesperson told the Times that it had a letter from Regan saying "Ailes did not intend to influence her with respect to a government investigation."
Regan's lawyers say News Corp. did not represent Regan's complete statement.
Regan was ousted from HarperCollins, a News Corp. entity, in 2006 less than a month after Rupert Murdoch canceled the publication of O.J. Simpson's hypothetical murder confession, If I Did It.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ultimate Warrior Autopsy Finds Wrestler Died Of Cardiovascular Disease
- The Final Trailer For 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past Is A Traveler Of Both Time & Space
- A Conversation with The Both's Aimee Mann & Ted Leo, Plus A Quick Chat with Dolly Parton
- 'True Detective' Meets 'The Family Circus' Is Pure Evil Genius
- Brant Daugherty & Ian Harding Support a Good Cause at the Road To Hope Charity Benefit!
- Leonardo DiCaprio Wrestles a Friend at Coachella & Loses Badly (Video)
- Lily Aldridge's Toned Tummy is Why You Should Hit the Gym Now!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Change Outfits for Australia Arrival with Prince George!