'Le Havre' Leads Finnish Film Noms
Aki Kaurismaki's French-language drama is Finland's candidate for the foreign language Oscar.
COLOGNE, Germany - Aki Kaurismaki's Le Havre is the favorite to sweep Finland's top film honors, the Jussi awards, after the French-language drama received nine nominations, including best film.
Le Havre, a modern-day fairytale about illegal immigration to Europe, is Finland's official candidate for this year's foreign language Oscar.
Other titles with multiple Jussi nominations include Sakari Kirjavainen's war drama Silence and Zaida Bergroth's The Good Son, with seven noms each.
The 2012 Jussis will be awarded at a ceremony in Helsinki Jan. 29.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR