Lea Michele narrowly avoids car crash
THR EXCLUSIVE: Actress shaken after a near collision
Emmy-nominated actress Lea Michele narrowly avoided a horrific car accident Sunday at 4:45 p.m. involving an overturned car at the cross section of Crescent Heights Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood.
Michele was on her way to The Hollywood Reporter's Emmy Roundtable at the Chateau Marmont when the incident occurred. While stopped at the intersection, a car running a red light collided with a truck, causing the truck to flip over multiple times before eventually stopping a few feet from Michele's vehicle. The star immediately exited the car and stepped to safety on the side of the road.
The visibly upset nominee arrived to the Chateau Marmont at 5 p.m. by foot once paramedics and the fire department arrived on the scene.
"The Office" star Mindy Kaling was also tied up in traffic that developed as a result of the accident while making her way to the roundtable.
According to a L.A.F.D. spokesperson, everyone involved in the incident escaped without serious injury. The spokesperson could not release any further information.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical