Lea Seydoux joins 'M:I-4' as female villain
EXCLUSIVE: Starred in 'Robin Hood,' 'Inglourious Basterds'
Lea Seydoux, the French actress who recently appeared in Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood" and the opening farmhouse scene of "Inglourious Basterds," will square off against Tom Cruise in Paramount's fourth "Mission: Impossible" movie.
Seydoux will play the lead female villain in the pic, which just began shooting in Europe.
The movie features two Europeans as its heavies, with Michael Nyqvist, the actor who played journalist Mikael Blomkvist in the Swedish thriller "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and its sequels, already on board as the male side of the villain coin. The movie, being directed by Brad Bird, has new franchise faces Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton and Vladimir Mashkov joining regulars Cruise, Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg.
J.J. Abrams, who is producing with Cruise and Paula Wagner, worked on the story with scribes Andre Nemec and Josh Appelbaum, who wrote the screenplay.
The "Mission: Impossible" movie is 25-year-old Seydoux's latest foray into English-language production. She recently wrapped "Midnight In Paris," Woody Allen's latest dramedy, which stars Marion Cotillard, Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams.
She is repped by United Agents and Adequat in Europe.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR