Leah Remini Joins Cast of 'Dancing With the Stars'
The "King of Queens" star steps back into the spotlight after her very public split with Scientology.
Leah Remini is ready to hit the dance floor.
The 43-year-old actress has joined the cast of ABC's Dancing With the Stars, sources close to the show have confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. The news was first reported by TMZ.
The King of Queens star joins the cast of the long-running reality series not long after parting ways with the Church of Scientology for questioning its treatment of church members and the allegedly autocratic leadership of David Miscavige.
Remini later filed a missing person report for Miscavige's wife, Shelly, which the Los Angeles Police Department later deemed "unfounded."
"No one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to," Remini told People about her reasoning for leaving the controversial religion.
Now entering its 17th season, the ballroom dancing competition will see some significant changes, including a shift to a single, two-hour airing per week.
Among the other cast members floated by TMZ are Valerie Harper, who was recently diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, Jersey Shore's Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Showgirls star Elizabeth Berkley.
ABC has declined comment. An official cast announcement will be made Sept. 4 on Good Morning America.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack