Leah Remini Thanks Media Amid Reports of Break With Scientology
News that the "King of Queens" star left the Church surfaced Thursday.
Leah Remini has issued a statement regarding reports that she has cut ties with the Church of Scientology.
"I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues and fans from around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support."
The star of King of Queens left the church after criticizing its treatment of followers and the leadership of David Miscavige, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed. This follows years of scrutiny during which she allegedly was subjected to forced interrogations and underwent "thought modification" sessions.
A Church of Scientology representative tells THR, "The Church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual Church member."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama