Leah Remini Thanks Media Amid Reports of Break With Scientology
News that the "King of Queens" star left the Church surfaced Thursday.
Leah Remini has issued a statement regarding reports that she has cut ties with the Church of Scientology.
"I wish to share my sincere and heartfelt appreciation for the overwhelming positive response I have received from the media, my colleagues and fans from around the world. I am truly grateful and thankful for all your support."
The star of King of Queens left the church after criticizing its treatment of followers and the leadership of David Miscavige, The Hollywood Reporter confirmed. This follows years of scrutiny during which she allegedly was subjected to forced interrogations and underwent "thought modification" sessions.
A Church of Scientology representative tells THR, "The Church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual Church member."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR