LeAnn Rimes Accuses Media of 'Bullying' Her Over Weight Loss (Video)
The country singer also defends her marriage to "Playboy Club" star Eddie Cibrian in an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
Country singer LeAnn Rimes has been a tabloid mainstay since she began having an affair with her Northern Lights co-star -- and now-husband -- Eddie Cibrian and later underwent a noticeable weight loss.
On Thursday's episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Rimes defended herself against critics, accusing the media of "bullying her" about her weight loss.
"I do feel like the press has ... been irresponsible with calling a lot of people fat or anorexic or bulimic or whatever it may be," she said. "It seems like bullying now instead of really taking these diseases seriously that a lot of people are going through."
She denied being anorexic or bulimic and told DeGeneres that she eats "a ton."
"These are diseases, and people are using them as name-calling; it's almost bullying," she reiterated. "And I feel a sense of responsibility for the people that are actually going through the diseases, and I'm not one of them."
Meanwhile, Rimes also defended her marriage to The Playboy Club star Cibrian, with whom she began an affair while working on the 2009 Lifetime movie Northern Lights; both were married to other people at the time.
"Obviously, we made decisions that were not necessarily the right ones, but it obviously brought us to the place where we are now," she said. "And, we’re happy and we’re married. ... The way we handled it, I will always say, it could’ve been handled a lot better, but maybe we both didn’t have the tools at the time to do it properly."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws