LeBron James' Police Escort to Justin Timberlake-Jay Z Concert Violated Official Rule
The Miami Heat star posted a video before the show saying he was following a police escort on the wrong side of the street.
MIAMI — The Miami-Dade Police Department says its officers violated policy by providing a police escort to Miami Heat star LeBron James through heavy traffic at last Friday's Justin Timberlake/Jay Z concert.
The agency issued a statement Monday saying it will continue to investigate the matter.
James posted a video before the concert at Sun Life Stadium saying he was following a police escort on the wrong side of the street. The video, which showed James following police vehicles with their lights flashing, was posted on several of James' social media accounts.
They treat us so well! Needed it cause traffic was nuts!! http://t.co/UIWRZE2BVQ
— LeBron James (@KingJames) August 17, 2013
The police statement said officers escorted James from one intersection to another, onto the stadium's property. The statement also said the escort was not scheduled in advance and all safety precautions appeared to have been taken.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR