Lee Thompson Young inks deal with ABC
Talent holding agreement includes 'Scrubs' role
Lee Thompson Young has inked a talent holding deal at ABC Studios.
As part of the deal, the actor has landed a recurring role on the ABC Studios-produced "Scrubs," which is making the move from NBC to ABC this season. In the medical comedy, Young will play Derek, Dr. Turk's (Donald Faison) new surgical intern/protege, in three of the series' 16 episodes, starting with the eighth.
Young most recently booked a role in the ABC/Universal Media Studios comedy pilot "Five Year Plan," which was in contention for 2008-09. His credits also include "Akeelah and the Bee" and a recurring role on the CW's "Smallville."
The actor, repped by WMA and Rain Management Group, started his career by playing the title character on Disney Channel's "The Famous Jett Jackson."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10