Legendary Entertainment Raises $443 Million
In 2012, the company has raised nearly $720 million.
Legendary Entertainment raised $443 million through various affiliates of Waddell & Reed Financial, the partners said Tuesday.
Earlier this year, Legendary raised about $275 million from a host of sources. The company said Tuesday it has closed nearly $720 million in financing in 2012.
Legendary said it will put the funds raised through Waddell & Reed toward “growth and working capital across its filmed entertainment and publishing divisions, and to build out further opportunities in the digital, merchandising and television sectors.”
Legendary and partner Warner Bros. have a busy – and expensive – slate of films in the upcoming year, including The Hangover Part III, Man of Steel, Jack the Giant Slayer and 300: Rise of an Empire. Among Legendary’s solely developed movies in the works are Pacific Rim, Godzilla, 42, Seventh Son and Warcraft.
“Waddell & Reed is the gold standard in their sector, and the right capital partner for Legendary, at the right time in our business,” Legendary CEO Thomas Tull said. “We are pleased to have their support and enthusiasm for our model and potential.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10