Legendary Pictures to Develop Movie About Jackie Robinson
Brian Helgeland will direct, with former Disney Studios Chair Dick Cook serving as an executive producer.
Legendary Pictures is developing and producing a film based on Jackie Robinson, the first African American Major League Baseball player.
Brian Helgeland (LA Confidential) will write and direct the project.
Legendary’s Chairman and CEO, Thomas Tull, is producing, and Legendary’s Chief Creative Officer, Jon Jashni, is serving as executive producer. Dick Cook, former Walt Disney Studios chair, will also serve as an executive producer.
Robinson’s widow, Rachel Robinson, is consulting on the project, which falls under Legendary's partnership with Warner Bros.
"My family and I are thrilled to have this important film on Jack produced by Legendary Pictures," she said in a statement. "We are proud of his lasting impact on our society, and we know that the legacy he left is inspiring and worth preserving."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR