Lena Dunham and Jason Blum to Offer Keynotes at SXSW Fest
Filmmaker Casey Neistat will also offer one of the daily keynotes at the festival, which takes place March 7-15 in Austin, Texas.
Girls star Lena Dunham, producer Jason Blum and filmmaker Casey Neistat will headline daily Keynote sessions at the South by Southwest Film Conference and Festival, set to take place from March 7-15 in Austin.
The daily heynotes -- which are an established part of the SXSW Interactive fest -- will be offered at the film festival for the first time. A fourth keynote speaker will be announced at a later date.
“Though our conference has long featured dynamic speakers, we’re kicking it to a new level this year. By adding a daily keynote, we aspire to further highlight and draw all eyes to creators who impact our culture in diverse and fascinating ways,” said Janet Pierson, head of SXSW Film. “Our first three keynotes epitomize the root of what SXSW Film stands for: singular vision, DIY creation, and gleefully coloring outside the established lines.”
The festival also on Tuesday announced its first batch of confirmed panels, workshops and Digital Domain sessions for 2014, as well as the all-new Future 15 track, a program built around 15-minute solo presentations.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR