Leonardo DiCaprio Enters First-Ever Electric Race-Car Championship
The 'Wolf of Wall Street' actor is partnering with Venturi Automobiles and will enter a team in the FIA Formula E Championship, which begins in September 2014.
Leonardo DiCaprio is getting into the race-car business — electric race cars, that is.
The Oscar-nominated actor announced Monday he's partnering with Venturi Automobiles and will enter a team in the FIA Formula E Championship, which is the first series exclusively for electric cars.
In a statement, DiCaprio said the future depends on "fuel-efficient, clean-energy vehicles" and he was proud to be a part of the series. The Venturi Grand Prix Formula E Team will also have as its co-founders Bert Hedaya, Francesco Costa and Gildo Pallanca Pastor, founder of Venturi Automobiles.
FIA still has to approve Venturi's entry. The races begin in September 2014, with Beijing, London and Los Angeles expected to be on the schedule.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR