Leonardo DiCaprio to narrate 'Hubble 3D'
Imax, Warner Bros team for fourth 3D movie co-production
TORONTO -- Imax Corp. and Warner Bros. Pictures have tapped Leonardo DiCaprio to narrate "Hubble 3D."
DiCaprio will take 3D cinemagoers through the cosmos aboard the Hubble space telescope in Imax and Warner Bros.' fourth 3D movie co-production, which debuts March 19.
"Hubble 3D" reunites the "Space Station 3D" filmmaking team, led by producer/director Toni Myers and James Neihouse as director of photography and doubles as the astronaut crew trainer. Judy Carroll is associate producer, and Graeme Ferguson, co-founder of Imax and pioneer producer of many Imax space films, is executive producer.
After its March 19 debut, "Hubble 3D" will open in additional Imax locations on April 23, timed to the Hubble Space Telescope's 20th anniversary.
The Imax 3D camera flew onboard the Space Shuttle Atlantis last May and captured images of the intricate spacewalks required to service the telescope. The footage, shot by the STS-125 astronauts, will be included in the film, which will also feature never-before-seen 3D flights through Hubble imagery, providing a first-person journey to the far reaches of our universe.
Gregg Kilday contributed to this report.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!