Leonardo DiCaprio Sells Malibu Colony Spread for $17.35 Million
After a series of price chops, the actor gets a holiday season home sale.
Leonardo DiCaprio has just sold his Cape Cod-style home in the Malibu Colony for $17.35 million, according to The Malibu Real Estate Blog. The house, which DiCaprio originally put on the market in 2012 for $23 million, was reduced in June of this year to $18.9 million. After slashing the price again, the Inception star has finally found a buyer for the property, which includes a main house as well as two private guest houses.
Located just outside the gates of Malibu Colony, it's nestled in a portion of the area where lots are 2 to 3 times deeper than homes inside the gates, according to the real estate blog, which reported that the home rented for as much as $175,000 a month in peak summer season. The beach near the home is also deeper and stays dry at almost any tide -- a huge amenity in Malibu, where many front homes have no dry sand at high tide.
Earlier this year, the New York Post reported that the Wolf of Wall Street star purchased a luxurious, health-promoting residence in Greenwich Village, New York. Designed and built by Delos Living, the home was one of five residences that claim to restore and promote well-being. The properties ranged from $30 to $50 million.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!