Leonardo DiCaprio Starrer 'J. Edgar' to Open Nov. 9
Warner Bros. also sets Christmas Day release for Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock's "Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close."
Warner Bros. has set dates for two of its potential award contenders, announcing that Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar begins its run on Nov. 9, while Stephen Daldry’s Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close opens in limited markets on Christmas Day.
Starring Leonardo DiCaprio as legendary F.B.I. director J. Edgar Hoover, Eastwood’s movie opens first in select markets before expanding nationwide on Nov. 11. The pic explores the public and private life of one of the most powerful, controversial and enigmatic figures of the 20th century.
Extremely Loud stars Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, and will expand nationwide on Jan. 20. The movie is about a boy who’s convinced that his father (Hanks), a victim of 9/11, left a final message for him somewhere in the city. Feeling disconnected from his mother (Bullock), he begins his search.
Bullock’s next movie, Gravity 3D, also received a release date. Warners will open the space station thriller, directed by Alfonso Cuaron and also starring George Clooney, on Nov. 21, 2012, the day before Thanksgiving.
And in a minor scheduling tweak, Warner has pushed back sequel Journey 2: The Mysterious Island by two weeks, from Jan. 27, 2012 to Feb. 10, 2012.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR