Leonardo DiCaprio Talks Re-Enacting 'Titanic' Scene With Jonah Hill (Video)
Speaking with "CBS This Morning," the actor also shares more details about how he prepared for "The Wolf of Wall Street's" infamous quaaludes scene.
Leonardo DiCaprio recently re-enacted a memorable scene from Titanic with his Wolf of Wall Street co-star Jonah Hill when the latter hosted Saturday Night Live.
The bit was suggested right onstage, DiCaprio said on CBS This Morning, and while he was skeptical at first, he ultimately relented.
"But then I said, 'You know what? This is actually pretty damn funny. Let's do this,' '' he told Gayle King in a taped interview that aired on Thursday's show.
Despite Titanic's massive popularity and frequently mocked scenes, DiCaprio said he's still "incredibly proud" of the film.
"You know, it's been such a long time, but it was such a huge part of my life," he told King. "And people maybe think I have a reaction to that -- to that film. But the truth is, I'm incredibly proud of it. And not only that, the movie has really made me be in control of my career."
DiCaprio also revealed more details about how he prepared for the infamous quaaludes scene in The Wolf of Wall Street. In addition to watching the YouTube video of "The Drunkest Man in the World," DiCaprio said that as part of his research with Jordan Belfort, Belfort literally crawled on the floor for him as he explained the physical effects of quaaludes.
"I'd spent many months with Jordan Belfort -- interviewing him. And he described this sort of disconnect between your brain and your body," DiCaprio explained. "And you have every intention of moving forward and thinking you're articulate. And you have the same motivations, just, your body doesn't respond."
In the wide-ranging interview, DiCaprio also talked about his experience as a break-dancer and the paralyzing stage fright he felt when he was first nominated for an Oscar for his supporting role in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
Watch the full video of DiCaprio's CBS This Morning interview below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera