'Les Miserables' Poster Updates the Classic Broadway Look (Photo)
Following last week's video featurette, the Universal-produced film offers up its next bit of promotional material.
With all the star power in the cast of Tom Hooper's Les Miserables, deciding on the actor to feature on its first poster must have been impossible. But it had to be done, and so when forced to choose between Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Russell Crowe and Amanda Seyfried, Universal went with ... Isabelle Allen?
Yes, they chose the young version of Seyfried's Cossette character, and it sends a big message: The film may have shiny stars, but it's also steeped in tradition. The poster is reminiscent of the famous Broadway one sheet that advertised the musical's long run. It's glossier -- not to mention features a real photograph -- but the unmistakable windswept hair, blown across the young girl's face, reminds viewers of the production's legacy.
Set for a Christmas debut -- right in the middle of Oscar season -- the film is making a strong early promotional push. Last week, Universal debuted a stunning featurette focusing on all the live singing in the film.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!