Lesley-Ann Brandt Joins 'Avatar's' Sam Worthington in Surfing Movie 'Drift'
Brandt will play a Hawaiian surfer girl in a love triangle in World Wide Mind film.
SYDNEY -- South African-born, New Zealand actress Lesley-Ann Brandt will play opposite Sam Worthington in Australian surfing feature Drift, it was announced Thursday.
Brandt, currently shooting the Syfy telemovie, The Last Stand opposite Ving Rhames, will play Hawaiian surfer girl Lani, the object of affection in a love triangle, in Drift.
Drift is set in 1972 and tells the story of the Fisher brothers as they start a new life in a remote Australian coastal town where they come up against suspicious locals, killer waves and ruthless bikers as they struggle to kick-start a new business based on surfing.
Both Screen Australia and the Western Australian government will provide financing for the feature, which will be produced by World Wide Mind Films.
Morgan O'Neill, a former winner of Project Greenlight Australia, has written the script and will co-direct with Ben Nott.
Producers are Tim Duffy, Michele Bennett, Myles Pollard. Joan Peters will executive produce.
Principal photography will start in the Margaret River region of Western Australia later this year.
Brandt is repped by New Wave Entertainment, APA's Todd Eisner and Everly Lee, and attorney Matt Rosen.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR