Leslie Mann, Kate Bosworth join 'Moon'
Leslie Mann and Kate Bosworth have been cast in "Goodnight Moon," a semi-autobiographical drama from Elgin James, the writer-director who started a street gang in the Boston area before ending up at Sundance Labs.
Chris Coy and Kyle Gallner also are joining the cast, which sees Juno Temple and Kay Panabaker as young girls who find themselves in trouble after they run away to Los Angeles and hook up with skaters and street kids.
Mann plays Temple's mom, a woman who works at a secondhand clothing store but whose best years are behind her. Bosworth will be Mann's sister.
Coy will play an opportunistic, sociopathic street kid, and Gallner is a skater; both use the girls to run a scam that goes bad.
Jamie Patricof, who produced "Half Nelson" and "Blue Valentine," is producing "Moon," which begins shooting Sunday near the Salton Sea before moving to L.A.
Mann, repped by CAA, most recently appeared in New Line's Zac Efron comedy "17 Again." WME-repped Bosworth has the Rod Lurie-directed remake of "Straw Dogs" in the can for September 2011 release.
Coy, repped by Main Title Entertainment and TalentWorks, had a run on HBO's "True Blood" and appeared in "Sons of Anarchy" and "FlashForward." Gallner, repped by Gersh and 3 Arts, will appear in the upcoming remake of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" and portrayed superhero Impulse/Bart Allen on TV's "Smallville."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR