ION Grabs Off-Net Rights to Timothy Hutton's 'Leverage'
The TNT drama will join other drama acquisitions, including "Psych," "Monk" and "House."
ION Television continues its acquisition spree with off-net rights to TNT's Leverage.
Over on TNT, the Timothy Hutton vehicle regularly lures nearly 5 million viewers and was recently renewed for a fifth season. The series, from Dean Devlin's Electric Entertainment, will begin airing on ION in the summer of 2012.
The move comes on the heels of other acquisitions of such series as Psych, Monk and House, establishing ION as a viable after-market platform for cable net productions. Leverage will join a prime-time lineup that includes Without a Trace, Criminal Minds and Ghost Whisperer as well as ION's first original police drama Flashpoint.
“Collaborating with both Electric and Turner to support the longevity of a popular original drama, such as ‘Leverage,’ furthers our strategic goal to be a viable partner for cable network productions,” says ION Media Networks chief executive Brandon Burgess.
Added Devlin, “ ION's reach of over 99 million homes in the U.S. will ensure the continuation of the show's legacy. We’re looking forward to working with such a pioneering and innovative company.”
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David