Liam Hemsworth to star in 'Arabian Nights'
Actor in negotiations to join Chuck Russell's 3D adventure
Liam Hemsworth, who co-stars in Disney's upcoming Miley Cyrus drama "The Last Song," is jumping into action-movie territory with "Arabian Nights."
The actor is in negotiations to star in Inferno Entertainment's 3D adventure directed by Chuck Russell.
Inferno's Bill Johnson is producing with Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray of Mayhem Pictures. ROAR also is producing.
Written by Russell and Barry P. Ambrose, the period epic centers on a young commander (Hemsworth) who, after his king is murdered in a coup, joins forces with Sinbad and Aladdin to rescue Queen Scheherazade.
An end-of-summer shoot is being eyed.
Hemsworth, repped by ROAR, is a relative unknown who apart from the buzz he is generating from "Song" appeared in last year's "Knowing."
The deal also puts him in territory being tread by brother Chris Hemsworth, who is in production as the title character in Marvel's superhero action fantasy "Thor."
Inferno is planning a year-end shoot for "The Grey," an action project starring Bradley Cooper and directed by Joe Carnahan. The company also is coming off the Sundance premiere of comedy "The Kids Are All Right" and the Berlin premiere of thriller "The Experiment."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!