Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger Reveal Favorite Berlin Hideouts
The cast and crew of the new thriller "Unknown" — showing at the Berlin International Film Festival — spill all the best places to eat and drink while in the city.
One year ago, when the producers and stars of Unknown arrived in Berlin, it was an inhospitable 16 degrees below zero. Despite the chilly welcome, the filmmakers behind the Warner Bros. pic, opening Feb. 18, were won over by the vibrant city — a compelling mix of ultratraditional bastions and constantly percolating hot spots. With starring roles for such landmarks as the Brandenburg Gate and Museum Island, Berlin is practically a character in the film, which stars Liam Neeson as a crash victim whose identity is assumed by another man (Aidan Quinn). Here are the spots where the Unknown troupe ate and hung out during the film’s four-month shoot.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR