John Malone's Liberty Global Increases Stake in Top Dutch Cable Group
Liberty boosts its stake in Ziggo, the largest cable operator in the Netherlands, to 15 percent.
COLOGNE, Germany -- John Malone's cable group Liberty Global has further boosted its stake in Ziggo, the largest cable operator in the Netherlands, from 12.7 percent to 15 percent.
Liberty already owns the Dutch number two cable group, UPC, making further acquisitions in the Netherlands unlikely, at least in the short term. If Liberty continues to increase its Ziggo stake, it could run into antitrust issues with the Dutch government.
Liberty continues to expand and consolidate its European cable empire, making a $23.3 billion bid for Britain's Virgin Media and reportedly eyeing a possible bid for Germany's largest cable operator, Kabel Deutschland.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR