'Lie to Me's' Tim Roth Signs Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
"Tim is a very impressive creative person, and he has great ideas," says 20th TV chairman Dana Walden of Roth, who has inked both a talent holding deal and producing deal with the studio.
Lie to Me's Tim Roth has signed an exclusive deal with 20th Century Fox Television.
The arrangement calls for the studio to develop a series acting vehicle for the London-born actor as well as a first-look production deal for him to develop projects with 20th TV. The latter, which could be for either network or cable, would have an eye toward executive producing projects in which he may or may not star.
"The brand of this studio is big, bold, creative series with Glee, 24, Prison Break and X-Files, and Tim fits perfectly into our brand," 20th TV chairman Dana Walden told The Hollywood Reporter. "He makes bold choices as an actor ... and I think he looks at his craft in a way that is similar to how we look at the types of shows that we’re trying to develop under the 20th Century Fox Television banner."
Walden noted that Roth has developed some very close relationships with many of the writers who worked on the since-canceled Lie to Me, and she would be excited about a collaboration between him and any of those people. She's also interested in him exploring cable opportunities through sister studio, Fox 21, though with the ink barely dry no discussions have been had with him yet.
Roth, who is similarly well known for his big-screen efforts including Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Rob Roy, will still be able to act, direct and develop film projects outside of Fox, assuming his schedule permits.
The actor, who also served as a producer on Lie to Me, is repped by CAA and attorney Geoff Oblath.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical