'Life' helmer to teach at Berlinale
COLOGNE, Germany -- Chinese director Jia Zhang Ke, whose "Still Life" won the Golden Lion at the Venice International film festival, will be one of the patrons of the 2007 Berlinale Talent Campus, the one-week film school that runs during the Berlin International Film Festival.
The 36-year-old director made his international debut in Berlin with 1998's "Xiao Wu" (Pickpocket), which earned him the Wolfgang-Staudte prize.
As Talent Campus patron, Jia Zhang Ke will take part in seminars and workshops with some 350 young filmmakers from around the world.
The 2007 Talent Campus runs Feb. 10-15. The Berlin Film Festival runs Feb. 8-19.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR