Former Lifetime Exec Trevor Walton to Canada's CBC
The executive producer of "The Amanda Knox Story" for A&E Lifetime shows up in Toronto as the Canadian public broadcaster's new executive director of commissioned and scripted programming.
TORONTO – Former Lifetime longform chief Trevor Walton has joined the CBC in Canada as executive director of commissioned and scripted programming.
The former senior vp of original movies at Lifetime executive produced The Amanda Knox Story for A&E Lifetime, which starred Hayden Panettiere and Marcia Gay Harden, and also stickhandled Lifetime’s two-parter Human Trafficking, which starred Mira Sorvino and Donald Sutherland and aired here on the CBC.
Walton was most recently head of co-productions for Echo Bridge Entertainment.
He also completed executive stints at Witzend Productions in the U.K., and Fox Network and CBS in the U.S.
“His breadth of experience, in Canada, the United States and the U.K., covers a wide range of production, international co-production and talent and creative development, including multi-platform environments,” Kirstine Stewart, executive vp of CBC English Services said on news of Walton’s appointment.
Walton comes to the CBC amid a shake-up of its scripted programming suite.
Sally Catto recently left her CBC post as executive director of arts & entertainment for English TV to join Cineflix Studios, the New York City-based scripted division at indie Canadian producer Cineflix Media (American Pickers).
And the CBC was also left looking for a new creative head after Phyllis Platt, CBC Television’s interim executive director, decided to return to indie production.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10