Lifetime Orders 'The Secret Lives of Wives,' 'Witches of East End' Adaptations to Pilot
The femme-focused network is moving forward with two scripted drama projects adapted from books of the same name.
Lifetime is adding to its drama portfolio.
The femme-skewing network has ordered the tentatively titled to pilot for 2013. The former, inspired by Iris Krasnow's book, will explore the unvarnished truth behind the marriages of four women. The latter, based on Melissa de la Cruz’s best-selling novel of the same name, centers on the adventures of a mother and her two adult daughters --both of whom are not yet aware that they are their family’s next generation of witches-- who lead seemingly uneventful lives in Long Island’s North Hampton.
Wives hails from Jill Gordon (Five), who penned the pilot and will executive produce alongside EP Dan Lin (Sherlock Holmes) and Jennifer Gwartz (Veronica Mars). Krasnow will serve as a producer on the drama project, from Lin Pictures in association with Warner Horizon Television.
Witches, for its part, comes from Maggie Friedman (Dawson’s Creek, Jack and Bobby), who will write and executive produce the Fox 21 project. 3 Arts Entertainment’s Erwin Stoff (The Matrix) is also attached as an EP on the project.
If ultimately ordered to series, the drama efforts will join a current scripted slate that includes Jennifer Love Hewitt’s The Client List, long-running Army Wives, and Marc Cherry’s recently ordered Devious Maids.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama