Lifetime Taps NBCUniversal Exec as VP Program Acquisitions
Meghan Hooper will oversee all program acquisitions for the female-skewing cable network.
Lifetime has tapped former NBCUniversal executive Meghan Hooper as vp program acquisitions.
Starting Nov. 14, Hooper -- who was director of program acquisitions and administration for NBCUniversal -- will oversee all program acquisitions for Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women.
“I’m delighted to have someone with Meghan’s caliber joining Lifetime Networks," Lifetime Networks senior vp scheduling and acqusitions Christian Drobnyk said in a statement announcing the news Monday. "Her creative and strategic insights to programming and acquisitions will play an integral role in further building our powerful brand."
At NBCUniversal, Hooper managed acquisitions and inventory of all films and series for USA Network and its emerging sister networks Cloo and Universal HD.
She's had stints at CAA and Disney Channel, where she oversaw script coordination throughout all stages of development for programming including High School Musical.
Hooper will report to Drobnyk and be based in New York.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR