Lifetime Taps NBCUniversal Exec as VP Program Acquisitions
Meghan Hooper will oversee all program acquisitions for the female-skewing cable network.
Lifetime has tapped former NBCUniversal executive Meghan Hooper as vp program acquisitions.
Starting Nov. 14, Hooper -- who was director of program acquisitions and administration for NBCUniversal -- will oversee all program acquisitions for Lifetime, Lifetime Movie Network and Lifetime Real Women.
“I’m delighted to have someone with Meghan’s caliber joining Lifetime Networks," Lifetime Networks senior vp scheduling and acqusitions Christian Drobnyk said in a statement announcing the news Monday. "Her creative and strategic insights to programming and acquisitions will play an integral role in further building our powerful brand."
At NBCUniversal, Hooper managed acquisitions and inventory of all films and series for USA Network and its emerging sister networks Cloo and Universal HD.
She's had stints at CAA and Disney Channel, where she oversaw script coordination throughout all stages of development for programming including High School Musical.
Hooper will report to Drobnyk and be based in New York.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram