Lifetime's 'William & Kate' Biopic Casts Kate
9:42 AM PST 2/2/2011 by Mark Cina
The relatively unknown British actress Camilla Luddington will play the future princess in the upcoming TV movie.
PHOTOS: Hollywood's new power players Lifetime's describes William & Kate as "the story of how the friendship between Prince William, second in line to the throne of the British monarchy, and future princess Kate Middleton, the stunning daughter of upper middle-class commoners, blossomed into a romantic love affair, charming the world with their recent engagement and eagerly awaited Royal Wedding. The film chronicles the history of William and Kate—from the moment the two students met at Scotland's prestigious University of St. Andrews, through the ups and downs of their nine-year courtship complicated by social and royal family pressures, and intense global media attention surrounding their storybook nuptials." PHOTOS: 2010's most unforgettable TV moments William & Kate will be produced by The Konigsberg Company, with Frank Konigsberg (Lifetime’s Sex & Lies in Sin City, Lifetime Movie Network’s Lies in Plain Sight) serving as executive producer. Mark Rosman (Greek, Ghost Whisperer) will direct the screenplay by Nancey Silvers (Lifetime’s Sundays at Tiffany’s and Girl, Positive).
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'