'Lights Out' Actor Joins 'Dexter' in Key Role (Exclusive)
Billy Brown will appear in the upcoming sixth season as a homicide detective on the Showtime drama.
Lights Out actor Billy Brown has joined the cast of Showtime’s Dexter.
Brown will appear in the sixth season in a recurring capacity, playing the character of Mike Cutler, a no-nonsense Chicago homicide detective who transfers to Miami Metro, where he immediately ruffles some feathers.
Brown, who played Patrick “Lights” Leary’s boxing nemesis Richard “Death Row” Reynolds on the short-lived drama Lights Out, has also appeared in Southland, Dirt and Californication.
Dexter, led by Michael C. Hall as the title character, is on a roll as of late, securing several actors in key parts for the new season, including Battlestar Galactica vet Edward James Olmos, rapper Mos (formerly Mos Def) and The Good Guys star Colin Hanks.
Production began in Los Angeles on Wednesday, with the new season launching in the fall.
Brown is repped by Talentworks and Benderspink.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'