'Lights Out' Actor Joins 'Dexter' in Key Role (Exclusive)
Billy Brown will appear in the upcoming sixth season as a homicide detective on the Showtime drama.
Lights Out actor Billy Brown has joined the cast of Showtime’s Dexter.
Brown will appear in the sixth season in a recurring capacity, playing the character of Mike Cutler, a no-nonsense Chicago homicide detective who transfers to Miami Metro, where he immediately ruffles some feathers.
Brown, who played Patrick “Lights” Leary’s boxing nemesis Richard “Death Row” Reynolds on the short-lived drama Lights Out, has also appeared in Southland, Dirt and Californication.
Dexter, led by Michael C. Hall as the title character, is on a roll as of late, securing several actors in key parts for the new season, including Battlestar Galactica vet Edward James Olmos, rapper Mos (formerly Mos Def) and The Good Guys star Colin Hanks.
Production began in Los Angeles on Wednesday, with the new season launching in the fall.
Brown is repped by Talentworks and Benderspink.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'