Lil Boosie Faces Extra Jail Time for Smuggling Drugs Into Prison
The Baton Rouge, La.-based rapper is also facing first-degree murder charges.
Rapper Lil Boosie could face extra jail time for attempting to smuggle a drug cocktail called "sizzurp" into prison, the Associated Press reports.
Lil Boosie, a 28-year-old rapper from Baton Rouge, is already serving time on another drug charge.
Boosie is awaiting trial on a first-degree murder charge, for which he could be sentenced to the death penalty.
An East Baton Rouge Parish grand jury indicted Hatch on one count of criminal conspiracy to take contraband to and from a penal institution, and another count of inciting a felony.
According to CBS affiliate WAFB, a "confidential source" told authors about the rapper's alleged drug smuggling scheme on April 9.
He thought he was giving the codeine syrup mixture to a security worker at the prison, but it was really a state trooper.
- Associated Press contributed to this report.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Patrick Stewart And Ian McKellen Play The Newlywed Game, Continue Being The Internet's Most Adorable Sirs
- Sunny Day Real Estate Releases 'Lipton Witch,' First Song In 14 Years
- 'Batman Beyond' Animated Short Premieres At WonderCon In Honor of Franchise's 75th Anniversary
- Here Is A Photo Of Mariah Carey Dressed As A Bunny And Using Nick Cannon As Furniture
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' Tops Easter Weekend Box Office While Johnny Depp's 'Transcendence' Fails to Impress
- Lea Michele Gets Cozy with Co-Star on Her Music Video Set!
- Madonna Wants Us to Get Behind Her to Start a Love Evolution!
- Calvin Harris Previews Small Sample of Rita Ora's New Single - Listen Now!