Lil Wayne European Tour Not Cancelled, Says Management
5:47 PM PDT 4/8/2011 by Monica Herrera
Despite reports that the rapper was denied entry to the U.K. due to his criminal history, his manager says Wayne never filed a visa.
Reports that Lil Wayne has cancelled summer tour dates in Europe due to a rejected U.K. visa application are not true, the rap star's management tells Billboard.com -- because he never even filed a visa."No visa was ever filed, nor were there any tour dates announced, or tickets sold," Wayne's management says in a statement. "Lil Wayne is currently headlining his 'I Am Still Music Tour' across the US and Canada with plans to extend the tour through North America this summer. We hope to bring the 'I Am Still Music Tour' to the UK in the later half of the year." Reports of a European tour cancellation swirled after U.K. newspaper the Guardian reported that Wayne had applied for a U.K. visa and was denied due to criminal history. Wayne's North American arena tour wraps with two dates in Canada and a May 1 headlining gig at Bamboozle fest in East Rutherford ,N.J. The rapper will headline the Bonnaroo festival in Nashville, Tenn. with Eminem in June.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)