Lil Wayne Gets Nine Stitches in His Head After Skateboarding Accident
The rapper suffered a head wound after falling from his skateboard in a St. Louis skatepark Sunday.
Rapper Lil Wayne (real name: Dwayne Michael Carter Jr.) is recovering after suffering from a head wound at a St. Louis skatepark, he tweeted Monday.
"The Lou was good but I busted my fuggin head at the sk8park! 9stitches! Gnarly gash over my left eye! Luv the people," he wrote.
The musician was in St. Louis Sunday for a performance at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. Local television station, KTVI-TV reported that he arrived at DePaul Health Center's emergency room with a large entourage.
Carter's next album, Carter IV will be released on iTunes and Amazon.com at midnight August 29 -- hours after he performs new material at the MTV Video Music Awards.
“I am extremely excited to be the first artist to utilize such an amazing idea. I hope that I can open the door for others,” he said in a statement Monday. The album, his first since his release from jail for a weapons charge, features collaborations with rappers Drake, Busta Rhymes, Cory Gunz and Rick Ross.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR