Lil Wayne Is 'Good, Just Resting,' Says Friend (Report)
The recording artist was admitted to a hospital last week after suffering a seizure, amid reports that he was near death.
Lil Wayne is still recovering in a Los Angeles hospital after suffering a seizure last week.
"He's good, just resting," a "close friend" who visited the rapper at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Saturday night tells CNN.
Other details surrounding the rapper's health are still unclear: TMZ had reported, citing anonymous sources, that the 30-year-old rapper -- whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. -- had gone on a "sizzurp binge" after an earlier release from the hospital and that his stomach had been pumped three times to flush out the drugs.
The site also reported that he had been read his last rites with friends and family around him, but later removed that part.
A publicist for Wayne's label, Young Money, on Friday confirmed that Lil Wayne had had a seizure, but other members of his camp have said that reports he was near death were exaggerated. "He's recovering," his personal rep told THR on Friday.
Meanwhile, the Grammy-winning and multiplatinum-selling hip-hop artist himself hit Twitter on Friday night with this message: "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love." (He has not tweeted since.)
Young Money president Mack Maine also tweeted Friday night: "Wayne is alive and well!" He added: "Dont believe the nonsense about comas and tubes to breathe...that's false!!"
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Johnny Depp & Amber Heard Hold Hands at 'Cabaret' Opening!
- Emma Stone & Felicity Jones Bring Girl Power to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Andrew Garfield Rides Bus with Underprivileged Kids to 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Premiere!
- Olivia Munn Insisted Her 'Newsroom' Character Sloane Not Wear Turtlenecks!