Lil Wayne Passes Eminem With Fifth Top 10 Billboard 100 Song Debut
The rapper's fourth single off of his new album, "Tha Carter IV," has already moved over 255,000 downloads.
Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV drops August 28 at midnight (after he performs at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards), but the rapper's already breaking records.
His latest single, "She Will" debuted at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, which is a career high for Weezy. It also marks his fifth top 10 Hot 100 debut, moving him ahead of both Eminem and Kanye West for the most top 10 starts by a male artist.
Wayne is now tied with Mariah Carey for having the second-most top 10 debuts. Taylor Swift holds the title with seven.
"She Will," which features chorus collaboration with Young Money protege Drake, is the rapper's fourth single to drop from Tha Carter IV. "6 Foot 7 Foot," featuring Cory Gunz hit number nine in January, "John" with Rick Ross made it to number 22 in April and his "How to Love" ranks at 6-8 after topping out at five.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game