Lil Wayne Passes Eminem With Fifth Top 10 Billboard 100 Song Debut
The rapper's fourth single off of his new album, "Tha Carter IV," has already moved over 255,000 downloads.
Lil Wayne's Tha Carter IV drops August 28 at midnight (after he performs at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards), but the rapper's already breaking records.
His latest single, "She Will" debuted at number three on the Billboard Hot 100 this week, which is a career high for Weezy. It also marks his fifth top 10 Hot 100 debut, moving him ahead of both Eminem and Kanye West for the most top 10 starts by a male artist.
Wayne is now tied with Mariah Carey for having the second-most top 10 debuts. Taylor Swift holds the title with seven.
"She Will," which features chorus collaboration with Young Money protege Drake, is the rapper's fourth single to drop from Tha Carter IV. "6 Foot 7 Foot," featuring Cory Gunz hit number nine in January, "John" with Rick Ross made it to number 22 in April and his "How to Love" ranks at 6-8 after topping out at five.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting