Lil Wayne Recovering: Rapper Moved Out of ICU (Report)
Weezy is on the mend, though still hospitalized, as his condition is said to have stablized.
Things are looking up for Lil Wayne.
After reports surfaced Friday that the 30-year-old was near death after suffering from seizures, Weezy reportedly has been moved out of the intensive care unit at Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles after doctors determined his condition had stabilized, according to TMZ.
TMZ broke news of Wayne’s hospitalization Friday, but came under fire after reporting that the Young Money rapper had been read his last rites and was not expected to make it through the night, and the website later removed references to the alleged severity of the situation.
Shortly after the news broke, Young Money chief Mack Maine tweeted, “Wayne is alive and well!” The rapper himself followed up with, “I’m good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love.”
Details surrounding Wayne’s situation still are unclear, but speculation has surfaced that the seizures were the result of a “sizzurp” binge and subsequent codeine overdose.
On Sunday, an unnamed source told CNN that Wayne was "resting" in the hospital.
The latest report states that Wayne is up, walking and eating on his own, and could be discharged from the hospital in the near future.
Reps for Wayne did not immediately return The Hollywood Reporter's request for comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR