Young Money's Mack Maine: Lil Wayne Released From Hospital
UPDATED: “God is great,” the label president tweeted on Tuesday, revealing that the rapper was “headed home” after suffering a serious seizure.
Lil Wayne has been officially released from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai hospital, according to a tweet from Young Money president Mack Maine.
"Thanks to Cedars Sinai for everything!!!" Maine tweeted early Tuesday morning. “@LilTunechi has been officially released and is headed home… God is great.”
The 30-year-old rapper had been admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit late last week after reportedly suffering from multiple seizures. Details around his condition are unclear, but speculation has surfaced that his ailment was the result of a “sizzurp binge" and subsequent codeine overdose.
Lil Wayne’s forthcoming album, I Am Not a Human Being II, is due out next Tuesday, March 26.
Update: Lil Wayne has informed fans that he's feeling "a lot better" via Twitter, writing that he is relaxing and watching Highly Questionable on ESPN2.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game