Young Money's Mack Maine: Lil Wayne Released From Hospital
UPDATED: “God is great,” the label president tweeted on Tuesday, revealing that the rapper was “headed home” after suffering a serious seizure.
Lil Wayne has been officially released from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai hospital, according to a tweet from Young Money president Mack Maine.
"Thanks to Cedars Sinai for everything!!!" Maine tweeted early Tuesday morning. “@LilTunechi has been officially released and is headed home… God is great.”
The 30-year-old rapper had been admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit late last week after reportedly suffering from multiple seizures. Details around his condition are unclear, but speculation has surfaced that his ailment was the result of a “sizzurp binge" and subsequent codeine overdose.
Lil Wayne’s forthcoming album, I Am Not a Human Being II, is due out next Tuesday, March 26.
Update: Lil Wayne has informed fans that he's feeling "a lot better" via Twitter, writing that he is relaxing and watching Highly Questionable on ESPN2.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Apple Should Have Read The Lyrics Before Putting This Song In An Ad
- 'Noah' Director Darren Aronofsky And Others Talk Faith And Environmentalism (LIVE VIDEO)
- 'The Quiet Ones' Review: Retro Horror Film Is Weighed Down By A Silly Script
- Wrigley Field's Celebrity Singers Ranked From Most Cringe-Worthy To Least