Young Money's Mack Maine: Lil Wayne Released From Hospital
UPDATED: “God is great,” the label president tweeted on Tuesday, revealing that the rapper was “headed home” after suffering a serious seizure.
Lil Wayne has been officially released from Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai hospital, according to a tweet from Young Money president Mack Maine.
"Thanks to Cedars Sinai for everything!!!" Maine tweeted early Tuesday morning. “@LilTunechi has been officially released and is headed home… God is great.”
The 30-year-old rapper had been admitted to the hospital’s intensive care unit late last week after reportedly suffering from multiple seizures. Details around his condition are unclear, but speculation has surfaced that his ailment was the result of a “sizzurp binge" and subsequent codeine overdose.
Lil Wayne’s forthcoming album, I Am Not a Human Being II, is due out next Tuesday, March 26.
Update: Lil Wayne has informed fans that he's feeling "a lot better" via Twitter, writing that he is relaxing and watching Highly Questionable on ESPN2.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)