Lil Wayne Stomps on American Flag in New Clip (Video)
The controversial footage comes via a bystander at the rapper's “God Bless Amerika” video shoot.
Lil Wayne’s latest video is already drumming up controversy -- and hasn't even been released yet.
While filming the clip for “God Bless Amerika” in Wayne’s hometown of New Orleans, the rapper was seen stepping, dancing and walking over a crumpled American flag after the Stars and Stripes were dropped from behind him. Footage hit the Internet over the weekend and quickly drummed up criticism and outrage within the blogosphere.
Unsurprisingly, “Amerika” features political commentary in line with the rapper’s past works. “My country, tis of thee/ Sweet land of kill them all and let them die/ So God bless America, this so Godless America,” Wayne croons on the track. It is unclear whether Wayne's feet will be shown in the final video edit.
See video of the shoot below.
The controversy comes just days after the rap mogul appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live to discuss his recent health trouble and plans for retirement.
“I want to retire after Tha Carter V, which I would hope would be my last album,” he said. Wayne released Tha Carter IV in 2011, and followed up this year with I Am Not a Human Being II.
The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to Lil Wayne's camp for comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR