Lil Wayne's Daughter, Reginae Carter, Signs With Young Money
Label president Mack Maine calls the 14-year-old “a super megastar.”
Lil Wayne is adding another “little Wayne” to his Young Money family.
The rap star’s 14-year-old daughter, Reginae Carter, has signed with the label, president Mack Maine confirmed to Rap-Up TV last week. “Just expect greatness,” he said of Carter, who previously performed with OMG Girlz. “She’s Toya’s [Wright] daughter and Wayne’s daughter, so that’s a great combination. She’s a star, just put it like that. A super megastar.”
Carter isn’t the only young blood joining the label’s roster. Maine also named PJ Morton, Torion Sellers and We The Future among his most recent signees. Meanwhile, Cash Money co-founder Ronald “Slim” Williams arrived at the Cash Money pre-Grammy bash with newly signed group Aziatix, an Asian-American ensemble that was reportedly signed to his label as part of a global strategy.
“We’re reaching out more internationally now – it’s a global thing,” Cash Money A&R Joshua Berkman told Billboard.
Young Money, Lil Wayne’s Cash Money imprint and home to Drake and Nicki Minaj, is part of Universal Music Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack