Lil Wayne's Daughter, Reginae Carter, Signs With Young Money
Label president Mack Maine calls the 14-year-old “a super megastar.”
Lil Wayne is adding another “little Wayne” to his Young Money family.
The rap star’s 14-year-old daughter, Reginae Carter, has signed with the label, president Mack Maine confirmed to Rap-Up TV last week. “Just expect greatness,” he said of Carter, who previously performed with OMG Girlz. “She’s Toya’s [Wright] daughter and Wayne’s daughter, so that’s a great combination. She’s a star, just put it like that. A super megastar.”
Carter isn’t the only young blood joining the label’s roster. Maine also named PJ Morton, Torion Sellers and We The Future among his most recent signees. Meanwhile, Cash Money co-founder Ronald “Slim” Williams arrived at the Cash Money pre-Grammy bash with newly signed group Aziatix, an Asian-American ensemble that was reportedly signed to his label as part of a global strategy.
“We’re reaching out more internationally now – it’s a global thing,” Cash Money A&R Joshua Berkman told Billboard.
Young Money, Lil Wayne’s Cash Money imprint and home to Drake and Nicki Minaj, is part of Universal Music Group.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!