Lily Collins in Early Talks to Star in New Line's 'How to Be Single'
Drew Barrymore is producing the romantic comedy.
Lily Collins is in negotiations to star in How to Be Single, New Line’s romantic comedy being directed by Christian Ditter.
If a deal goes through (there are scheduling issues), the movie would reteam Collins with the director of Love, Rosie, a recently wrapped romantic drama that also stars Sam Claflin and Christian Cooke.
Single is based on the novel of the same name by Liz Tuccillo, published by Atria in 2008. It is said to be in the vein of New Line’s successful multistory pics such as He’s Just Not That Into You and Valentine’s Day.
Single explores the loves lives and breakups of a group of New Yorkers over the course of 10 years. Marc Silverstein and Abby Kohn wrote the adaptation.
Drew Barrymore is producing with her Flower Films partner Nancy Juvonen.
Collins last starred in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, Screen Gems' adaptation of the Cassandra Clare YA novel. She also starred in the Snow White movie Mirror, Mirror.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!
- Lupita Nyong'o Hugs Stylist Micaela Erlanger for THR's Top Stylists Issue, Kristen Stewart & More Featured!
- Leslie Mann Supports PaleyFest Icon Award Honoree Judd Apatow!
- Cara Delevingne & Kate Moss Team Up for New Burberry Fragrance Campaign!