Lina Wertmueller sets next project
Film inspired by Nobel Prize winner Muhammad Yunus
TAORMINA, Italy -- Lina Wertmueller, who in 1975 became the first woman nominated for a best director Oscar, on Friday announced that her latest film, inspired by Bangladeshi Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus, will be called "Mannaggia la miseria!"
The film, whose title is a difficult-to-translate vulgar phrase, is set in Naples. It will be the 81-year-old Wertmueller's first directorial effort since 2004's "Peperoni ripieni e pesci in faccia" (Too Much Romance ... It's Time for Stuffed Peppers).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack