Linda Cardellini, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Tim Robbins Join 'Welcome to Me'
Kristen Wiig stars as a woman who wins the lottery and buys her own talk show in the comedy-drama.
Linda Cardellini, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Robbins are joining Kristen Wiig in the indie comedy Welcome to Me.
The film, from Gary Sanchez Productions and Bron Studios, will be directed by Shira Piven (Fully Loaded), from a screenplay by Eliot Laurence.
The comedy-drama explores society's obsession with fame by following a woman (Wiig) who suffers from dissociative personality disorder and wins the lottery only to spend her money on a cable access talk show about herself.
The pic is produced by Aaron L. Gilbert and Marina Grasic with Margot Hand as co-producer on behalf of Bron. For Gary Sanchez Productions, Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Jessica Elbaum are producers, with Robyn Wholey executive producing.
The film will begin production in August in California.
Cardellini most recently appeared on Mad Men as Don Draper's (Jon Hamm) neighbor. She's repped by ICM and Mosaic.
Leigh, who will next be seen in The Spectacular Now and Kill Your Darlings, is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Robbins, who won an Oscar for Mystic River, will next be seen in Thanks for Sharing. He's repped by ICM and 3 Arts Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game