Linda Hamilton to join 'Chuck'
'Terminator' vet will play Chuck's mother next season
"Terminator" vet Linda Hamilton is joining "Chuck."
She'll play Mary Bartowski, the long-missing mother of Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) in a recurring guest role.
Executive producer Josh Schwartz said at Comic-Con in San Diego that the casting was inspired by fan suggestions online.
"She's been such an icon as an action-female badass mom," Schwartz says. "The fans put it out there, and she heard about it, and was like, 'I heard I'm Chuck's mom.' "
Schwartz adds that Hamilton's role will drive the next season.
"It's going to be a huge part of the season, the search for mom, it's going to drive so much of season four," Schwartz said. "Chuck and Morgan are going to be a pretty bad but good spy team."
Hamilton will be briefly introduced in the season opener, which will also include Olivia Munn as a guest star. Isaiah Mustafa (aka "The Old Spice Guy") will also guest star this season.
Both Mustafa and Munn will essentially play the same character, named Greta, a Buy More executive and spy, who will be played by a different actor every week. Male, female, still Greta. Basically, the Buy More is now owned and operated by the CIA.
"They have the most incredible Buy More employees you'll ever see," Schwartz says.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR