Lindsay Lohan Assault Case: 'The Investigation Is Still Continuing'
The actress was arrested Nov. 29 for slapping a woman in the face at a New York City nightclub.
Lindsay Lohan's New York City nightclub brawl remains under investigation, The Associated Press reports.
The Liz & Dick star and tabloid trouble magnet did not appear in Manhattan criminal court on Monday to face the district attorney's decision on whether to make a case against Lohan for the Nov. 29 incident the club Avenue in which a woman claimed she slapped her in the face. Lohan was arrested and charged with third-degree misdemeanor assault.
Prosecutors postponed proceedings, announcing: "The investigation into this case is continuing."
No criminal complaint has been filed, and Lohan lawyer Mark Jay Heller said he predicts the D.A. won't press charges.
Lohan's probation was revoked last month in a Los Angeles court, with a judge setting a hearing for Jan. 15 to determine whether to give the actress more jail time.
Besides the assault episode, she faces misdemeanor counts of reckless driving, lying to a police officer and obstructing an officer from performing duties following a June accident in which her car crashed into a dump truck on Pacific Coast Highway.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack