Lindsay Lohan in Negotiations to Join Bret Easton Ellis' 'The Canyons'
The "Liz & Dick" actress joins adult film actor James Deen onscreen; Paul Schrader will direct.
Lindsay Lohan is continuing her working ways.
The actress, who is making moves to slowly rebuild her career and is shooting Lifetime’s Elizabeth Taylor biopic Liz & Dick, is in negotiations to star in The Canyons, an indie sexual thriller that adapts a Bret Easton Ellis script, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Adult film actor James Deen also is in talks to join the movie, which will shoot in July with Paul Schrader in the director’s chair. The movie just closed its funding via Kickstarter.
Ellis tweeted Lohan’s involvement Monday, saying “Shooting THE CANYONS starring James Deen and Lindsay Lohan: July 9-31 in L.A. Could not have dreamed of a better cast. Lindsay nailed it...”
Canyons follows sex and crime among a group of twentysomethings in Los Angeles.
Deen, who once won a porn award for “best unsung swordsman,” is playing is manipulative trust-fund kid with dreams of making a movie. Lohan will play his girlfriend, addicted to a materialist lifestyle.
Lohan is repped by ICM Partners.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws