Lindsay Lohan Chats With Piers Morgan About Drugs, Rehab
"Everyone thinks I’m this crazy drug addict who shows up late to everything and behaves so badly," the actress says in a new interview.
Prior to Lindsay Lohan entering rehab at the Betty Ford Center to receive 90 days of treatment, the starlet spoke candidly about partying, drinking, drugs and getting advice from Meryl Streep.
"I don't think there's anything wrong with people taking time to just be by themselves," Lohan said about rehab. "I think people want to see me do that. They will keep saying the same things about me if I don't."
The interview, a lengthy Q&A with CNN anchor and Daily Mail columnist Piers Morgan, appeared in the British tabloid's glossy magazine Event this Sunday. When asked if she would be "hyper-self-critical" and describe herself, Lohan responded by mentioning the perception that appears in tabloids.
"Everyone thinks I'm this crazy drug addict who shows up late to everything and behaves so badly," she told Morgan. "But I'm not. I'm bad with timing."
Morgan also asked multiple questions about Lohan's history of drug usage, particularly cocaine.
"Everyone thinks I've done it so many times. But I've only done it maybe four or five times in my life. I've never taken heroin either, never injected myself with anything, never done LSD. Those things all scare me," she said.
When queried by the Mail columnist about who in Hollywood had been helpful to Lohan, she responded: "Meryl Streep was nice. She just advised me on my acting and what I needed to do differently, and she told me I needed to go back to live with my mom for a while."
Asked by Morgan if she wanted to go to rehab again, Lohan replied affirmatively.
"I can come back afterwards and be fully focused on work," she said. "But I think there are other things I could do instead of going to a rehab center that would benefit me more. The best thing they could do for me would be to make me go abroad to different countries and work with children."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!
- Lena Dunham & Allison Williams Are 'Girls' Jetting Out of LAX!